|The Bible||The Catechism of the Catholic Church|
Catechesis for Adults:
— from Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us: A Pastoral Plan for Adult Faith Formation in the United States
ADULT FAITH FORMATION OPPORTUNITIES
Discovering Christ Series – Ongoing
Year of Mercy Studies
Oremus – Let Us Pray – coming soon in April 2016
The Oremus study program teaches you the essentials of an effective and fruitful prayer life. Over the course of eight weeks you will discover how God speaks to you, even in the smallest encounters. Following the Tradition of the Catholic Church and the wisdom of the saints, you will learn how to express yourself to God in prayer, and how to hear his voice.
Please contact the Adult Faith Formation team with any questions at
CDs Available in the Narthex For Adult Faith Formation and Enrichment
- The Saving Power of Divine Mercy by Fr. Jason Brooks:
- focuses on what we know of God’s Mercy, our response to His Love, how we can become merciful to others, and how to become apostles of mercy.
- 7 Secrets of Divine Mercy by Vinny Flynn:
- offers an invitation to experience the transforming power of Divine Mercy. Understand this powerful devotion like never before and discover how to respond to Pope Francis’s call “to live lives shaped by mercy.”
- Following Christ Today by Fr. Michael Schmitz
- The Jesus Question by Matthew Kelly
- Walk the Walk: Following Christ as His Disciple by Dr. Tim Gray
- Jesus Is… by Fr. Michael Schmitz
Other Titles Include:
- My Beloved Son, Meditations for Lent by Fr. Barron: Five sermons on the spiritual discipline we must cultivate in the Lenten season: finding our identity in God, prayer as the key to mission, thirst for God, how to end alienation from God, and how to joyfully embrace the way of happiness.
- Stay with us, Lord by Fr. David Simonetti: An account of how the Lord drew him to the priesthood, how he relies upon Christ in the Eucharist, and how Jesus calls each of us to spend time with Him in Adoration.
- Confession by Fr. Larry Richards: This talk has become the #1 talk in North America on confession. It is riveting, honest, even humorous, and provides listeners with hope for a closer, healing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Seven Last Sayings of Christ by Scott Hahn: This talk unlocks the deeper significance of Our Lord’s last words. Learn how Jesus’ words are as profound and gripping today as when He uttered them on that first Good Friday.
- The Four Last Things by Fr. Michael Schmitz: This tackles four very difficult topics: Death, Judgment, Heaven, and Hell. Listen to this talk and finally get the answers to the question: “What Happens When I Die?”
- Jesus the Bridegroom by Dr. Brant Pitre: In this stunning talk you will learn what it really means to have a “personal relationship” with Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior, and Bridegroom.
- How to get the most out of Mass by Scott Hahn: This takes us through a basic outline of the structure of the Mass. A must-have for every Catholic and non-Catholic who wants to know what the Mass is all about.
- Love Hurts by Matthew Leonard: This focuses on the love proclaimed by Christ and how it gives meaning to human suffering, penance, and ultimately death.
- The Passion of Christ in light of the Holy Shroud of Turin by Fr. Francis Peffley: New and detailed scientific evidence is presented for the authenticity of the Holy Shroud and brings clarity to the depth of the agony of our Lord’s sorrowful Passion.
- St. Joseph: The Patron of the Universal Church by Dr. Mark Miravalle: The holy figure of St. Joseph comes to light in this presentation. What is the dignity of this great man, and how do we convey the wondrous power of his intercession?
- Trust in the Lord by Msgr. Thomas J. Richter: This talk is practical and is for everyone-beginners and masters in the spiritual life. Growth in holiness is largely about growing in trust in our Lord Jesus Christ. But how does one do that realistically?
- Why go to Mass: The Blood of the New Covenant by Archbishop Alexander Sample: If you ever feel bored at Mass or think that you don’t get much out of it, this talk is for you. By understanding the Mass, we can tap into the transforming power offered whenever we worship.
- The Saving Power of Divine Mercy by Fr. Jason Brooks: John Paul II said that Divine Mercy is THE message for the third millennium and God’s gift to our time. Fr. Brooks focuses on what we know of God’s Mercy, our response to His Love, how we can become merciful to others.
ONLINE FAITH FORMATION RESOURCES
- Salvation History – Scott Hahn’s St. Paul Center for Theology, contains general information as well as studies.
- Divine Office – Podcast of the Liturgy of Hours
- Pray-As-You-Go – Ten minute meditation based on the reading of the day.
- Family Rosary – Focus is on prayer. It has a prayer of the day
- Come Pray the Rosary – On this site Catholics worldwide can join together in praying the Rosary or pray the Rosary individually.
- Biblical Christian Society – Information on apologetics
- Peter Kreeft – Featured audio and written works well known Catholic apologetic Dr. Peter Kreeft
- Chastity Project – Ministry of Jason and Crystalina Evert that promotes the virtue of chastity. Has lots of questions and answers to today’s questions.
- Sonitus Sanctus – Features audio blogs on many Catholic subjects
- Catholic Online – daily prayer, current Catholic topics/issues, saints information
- CyberFaith – Catholic resources for people of faith
- EWTN – Resources from the EWTN television network (news, prayers, etc.)
- Biblical Words Pronunciation Guide – online pronunciation on words in the Bible
- MassTimes.org – helps Catholics find churches and worship times
- Ascension Press, and biblestudyforcatholics.com – From Ascension press (publishers of the Bible Timeline and other studies), includes studies for sale as well as webinar archives and a sign up for upcoming webinars and other information.
Contact the Adult Faith Formation team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-725-0552 x824